Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Retired!

On Tue, 13 Sep 2016 12:34:04 +0800, Alan wrote:

On Tue, 13 Sep 2016 00:11:59 -0400, Ed Huntress
wrote:

Seriously, I would be worried about hard-core retirement. But I don't
think I'll ever stop my writing work. I'm just severing all
connections with deadlines, employment, and related things. I think
that just stopping work itself is a good way to make yourself age
faster.

You are absolutely right Ed. There was one guy at work who had
no outside interests, not even sport. He retired and 2 months
later was dead.

I took early retirement in October 95, nearly 21 years now, and
have never regretted it. Interests : woodworking, woodturning,
metalwork, model trains & reading. My library is somewhere close to
1500 books, 2 more due today and another 3 in the post.

Best wishes for your retirement --- keep yourself busy.

Alan

Thanks, Alan. So far, I'm too busy to turn around. But I have so many
little jobs around the house that I just haven't been able to get to
until now, so there is plenty to do.

I am going to sneak in some fun. I just got in from a couple of days
of trout fishing -- I caught the morning mayfly rise this morning and
then headed home from PA -- and I'm heading out for a few days of surf
fishing late tomorrow. That will help recovery from my
fishing-deficiency anemia. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress