Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_24_] Frank[_24_] is offline

Default OT Gas pump skimmers

On 9/15/2016 10:11 AM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...

Several years ago when I was still able to drive. I always used my bank/debit card inside the station paying a set amount for gasoline not because I feared pump mounted card skimmers but because using your card at the pump means $75 to $100 could be frozen in your bank account and not available until the payment for $20 worth of gas cleared. This little scam by the banks means that those who can least afford it

get hit with overdraft charges because if they only had $50 in the bank to start with, they were screwed until they made their next deposit. The security people at my bank did contact me when someone in another country tried to use my debit card number to make a purchase. I had bought gas at a convenience store owned by Pakistanis so you can guess which country the fraudulent purchase was attempted from. _(?)_/¯

[8~{} Uncle Racist Monster

If you just use the credit card you do not have to worry about the bank
holding onto your money.

Inever did understand the use of a debit card or what good it is. It
may be that the bank does not charge the store owners a couple of
percent like they do the credit cards.

I never use a debit card, but buy most everything on a credit card.
Mainly to get about an average of 2 % back on everything I buy.

I never use one and hear they are more subject to fraud as you might not
recover it as with a credit card.

I only use one credit card, Cabela's, and get 1% back in store
purchases. Pay it off at the end of the month so it does not cost anything.