Posted to alt.home.repair
Mayayana Mayayana is offline

Default OT Gas pump skimmers

"DerbyDad03" wrote

| What deductions for a debit card? I have never been charged a deduction
| when paying at the pump with a debit card.

You've been conditioned to accept an unnecessary
middleman. We have cash as a means of exchange.
Now we've developed almost universal middleman
exchanges to handle the cash exchange. A new
phase of that has started with various kinds of cellphone
payment options. It's creating a massive, unncessary
industry out of thin air.
The merchant pays a fee for your debit card use, and
we all pay for your ignorance as a result. Did you think
the banks were going to all that trouble just to be nice?
Did you think they push debit cards on you because
they're desperate to handle money exchanges on your
behalf without compensation?
Debit cards are a massive scam. They're also don't offer
the same fraud protection that credit cards do. (None
at all on commercial accounts.) The only coherent argument
for the use of debit cards is convenience. People don't like
carrying cash. I think people have heard that argument so
many times it makes sense to them, even though it really
doesn't. I stop by the ATM occasionally for cash and use
that for nearly everything. (It took 3 times to get TD Bank
to give me an ATM-only card that can't be used for debit...
I suspect other banks are probably worse.) I don't find those
trips are exhausting or time-consuming. Finding it tedious to
have to handle cash or actually relate to retail clerks may
be the ultimate case of a "first world problem".