Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JW JW is offline

Default digital scope question

On Wed, 14 Sep 2016 07:11:26 -0400 JW wrote in Message id:
:

On Tue, 13 Sep 2016 14:35:54 -0700 mike wrote in
Message id: :

On 9/13/2016 1:12 PM, JW wrote:
On Tue, 13 Sep 2016 21:13:13 +0200 jeanyves wrote
in Message id: :

On 2016-09-13 16:57:17 +0000, Ralph Mowery said:

I bought a Hantek 200 MHz digital scope and ahve been learnign to use
the a digital vers an analog.

One problem I seem to have is trying to display an AM signal and getting
it to look like my Analog scope when setting it for 100 % modulation.
Out of a signal generator into my analog it looks like it should, but I
havenot been able to get the digital to show anywhere close to what it
should.

Does anyone have any ideas on what I may be missing or are the digital
scopes not set up to do that.

it depends on the frequency of the signal you want to display
but consider that any signal higher than 1/10th of the bandwith (so 20MHz)
won't be displayed properly on a digital scope, as an analog scope will
display ok to the full bandwith.

Got a cite for that?

interesting how people won't believe what they're told, but will believe
someone they reference.

Sure, because that was a ridiculous statement. I'd like to see cite from a
reputable source that would back that up.

Can't find one, can you? Maybe jeanyves can?

Bet not.

[crickets]