Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default OT Gas pump skimmers

On Wednesday, September 14, 2016 at 10:52:29 PM UTC-4, T wrote:
On 09/14/2016 07:36 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Wednesday, September 14, 2016 at 9:10:49 PM UTC-4, T wrote:
On 09/14/2016 06:07 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 9/14/2016 7:55 PM, Frank wrote:

At the gas station it takes longer to pay inside and wait for all the
lottery and sandwich customers so I pay at the pump.

I never understood pay at the pump. Sure, it is easy and fast. There
is a station I use when I use the company CC and in over a decasde I;ve
never been inside. If i was forced to go in and pay, perhaps I'd buy a
soda or coffee adding to their income. they let me come and go. OK by me.

The extra walk is good for me. My job is mostly sitting
on my ass. Plus, I get to know some of the folks at the
station and become friends.

I don't think using a credit card is worth all the
ramifications of an identity theft (usually, they
just steel money).

How do you get your cash?

Uhhh. From the teller at the credit union. I go once a week
to deposit business checks etc..

That's what I though you'd say (the walking into a bank part)

I'm still trying to figure out how going to a bank for cash and then going into the store at
the gas station is more "convenient" than using a card at the pump.

Granted, I don't receive many checks, but when I do get one, I deposit it by taking a picture
of it and using the app my bank provides.

If you can walk up
to the instant teller at the bank, you can walk into the bank
too. What am I missing here?

I don't know what you're missing, but I'm missing the "walking" part. If I need cash
I *drive*up to the ATM.

Using cash also makes think about and budget for what you buy.
No surprises at the end of the month.

I'm not surprised because I keep track of my spending on my phone, my iPad, my computer,
the ATM, etc. My bank balances are all instantly available.