Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Internal Revenue Scam OT)

On 9/14/2016 1:38 AM, joe wrote:
On 09/14/2016 01:38 AM, wrote:
My wife and I have received two recorded message type phone calls in
the past two days from someone claiming to be from IRS and that I was
being investigated unless I called them. The phone number to call was
given as 1-352-281-6660 in both cases.

That same number showed up on caller ID as the number of the calling
party. If it is so easy to get these phone numbers, why doesn't some
federal agency track these shysters down and prosecute them?????

Small world, I got a similar call.

With the right equipment, caller id can be faked. If you're worried
about it, call the IRS number listed on the irs.gov website.

Not so small. I got one today, and 5 in one day last week.