Posted to alt.home.repair
cowabunga dude cowabunga dude is offline

Default OT Gas pump skimmers

wrote:
On Wednesday, September 14, 2016 at 12:37:32 PM UTC-4, KenK wrote:
A recent article in the newspaper noted how often credit card skimmers
(devices are very quickly put in the gas pump that copy credit card info
and provide it to crooks) are being found in local gas pumps. Evidently the
pumps are only checked when they need a fresh roll of receipt paper.

I would think it would improve business for the stations - gas is gas - if
they advertised that they check the pumps for skimmers every day. I'd buy
there. No such ads though. Seeing any in your area?

that's why I prefer the convenience of cash

Cash might be illegal before to long, the way government is cracking down on people carrying cash.

Police used to arrest you for not carrying money, they claimed you were vagrant. Now they claim your using it for illegal activities.