Terry

Default Meter reader clocked me!

Andrew Barnes wrote:

Was working on my new split load CU, had pulled out suppliers fuse having
broken the seal. Knock knock, meter reader at he door! Panic set in as I hid
all signs of the seal and opened the door. Chappie comments on how busy I
looked, casually read the meter and was on his way!

Our meters are outside on side of house. To work on/replace meter
sockets which tend to corrode after some 30+ years one finds out
approximately when, monthly, the meter is read; this would give
about a 20 day 'window of opportunity'!
Our supplier has offered a 'Read the meter yourself and phone it
in". Haven't tried it cos we are on a budget plan that averages
out monthly payments over the year.