Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Ping gfretwell: Commercial Electric LED Shoplight Review?

On Wednesday, September 14, 2016 at 9:54:57 AM UTC-4, Unquestionably Confused wrote:
On 9/14/2016 8:26 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
gfretwell:

It's been almost a year since you started a thread about these LED shop
lights. Are you still a fan?

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Commercia...3161/205331022

Last night I stole the florescent shop light from my garage for use over a
project table in my basement. Now I need to either replace the garage light
or put the original back and get a new one for the project table.

FWIW my garage gets real close to freezing, but tends to hover just above
even in the coldest weather. The florescent fixture is a little slow in
the cold weather, but not bad at all.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Not speaking for gfretwell but I bought 6 of the two "light" shop lights
from Costco last year and installed them in our garage. Used them
frequently over the winter in that unheated space that was frequently
below freezing. They beat the old fluorescent fixture (believe they had
the high efficiency magnetic(?) ballast) by a mile.

Put out a lot of light, instant on, no flicker and cheap! Think I paid
less than $28 per unit. I believe the brand name was Feit.

So far no problems, just smiles!

You did not specifically say that you replaced the "old fluorescent
fixture" with an *LED* fixture, so I just want to make sure that that
is what you did.

I'm not sure what you mean by "I bought 6 of the two "light" shop
lights".