Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Retired!

On Tue, 13 Sep 2016 20:43:59 -0500, Don Foreman
wrote:

There ya go!

When I retired back in 1999, I thought that I'd like to continue doing
pretty much what I had been doing but:
*I'd play at least half of the time -- go fishing, etc
*I wanted to do only what I wanted to do
*I did not want to have to do anything I did not want to do
*Projects would have no budget, no schedule. I didn't even have to
finish them if I found something more interesting to do.
NIU: Nothing Is Urgent
HFIJ1: Having Fun Is Job 1

It's worked fer me for 17 years, and I'm still going strong, learning
new things and continue to do stuff I already knew how to do and
enjoyed doing.

Atta Boy, Don! My goals are the same as yours, 'cept for the "no
budget" thing. Funds are far too finite.

I just finished building an 8 battery box for the solar system. I
figured that, at some point, I'd want more than the 2 I already
bought. The 1kW of solar I have now will be installed just before the
rainy season, later this month.

Also slotted are repairing all the equipment from my Gunner Runs. The
drill press idler is awaiting assembly, tubes are here for the MIG
tires, and I'm drafting up a table for the table saw. I just have to
get the 4 tons of crap off my shop floor first, which means more
shelving and putting order to that which I already have up.

I have a lot of interests, so staying busy during retirement is never,
ever going to be a problem for me. Imagination breeds life extension!

--
The goal to strive for is a poor government but a rich people.

--Andrew Johnson