Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Retired!

Right - might be thin sheets floating in the water. What kind of glue
is used ? Is it marine or just interior glue.

I have a pole barn shed shed with poles in the back. The former owner
passed away in a fire within. Before I bought it, they put on a facade
of ply to make it a building, not a burnt out front.

The end was in interior ply and sheets are pealing off - full sheets.
They stick only due to hardware attached. Something I'll have to work
on someday.

Martin

On 9/13/2016 7:35 AM, wrote:
On Monday, September 12, 2016 at 9:14:10 PM UTC-4, Bob La Londe wrote:

.393 vs .250

Thats going to be a bit on the heavy side, and take some muscle to wrap
around for the hull, but its doable. .25 Luan plywood seems to be the skin
of choice for a lot of small boats. That extra 1/8+ is going to add up.

It will be heavier than I would like. But the price was right and should be fine after it is in the water. If the weight is a big problem , can always build another lighter one.

I have a 10 foot john boat that I can haul around in my pickup. So no problem here, but my grandson in in upstate New York and does not have access to a pickup.

Dan