Posted to alt.home.repair

Default LED Bulb dying

On Tue, 13 Sep 2016 13:01:32 GMT, (Scott Lurndal)
wrote:

writes:
On Mon, 12 Sep 2016 16:27:51 -0400, Don Wiss
wrote:

On Mon, 12 Sep 2016 12:55:38 -0400,
wrote:

We had all kinds of
trouble with LED MR16 or GU10 (whichever the 12 volt ones are) so we
went back to halogens - these are in a 14-20 foot mceiling. They have
been in a month now, and already 3 out of 54? are dead.......

All I know is LEDs can't take heat. Halogen bulbs can. Maybe it is hot up
there?

Don.
www.donwiss.com (e-mail link at home page bottom).

It's a bit warmer up there than at floor level but that doesnt
explain why the halogens are letting go even more quickly than the
LEDs did - - -

because heat rises, and halogens create a lot more of it, particularly
base-up.

I was replying to "All I know is LEDs can't take heat. Halogen
bulbs can. " -- and noting the halogens are dropping like flies - even
moreso than the terrible results we had with LEDs.