Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Retired!

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

Seriously, I would be worried about hard-core retirement. But I
don't
think I'll ever stop my writing work. I'm just severing all
connections with deadlines, employment, and related things. I think
that just stopping work itself is a good way to make yourself age
faster.
--
Ed Huntress

I'm still busy from 6AM to 10PM, now for a boss who knows all my
excuses. The difference is that I need more frequent breaks and a few
little naps. I help my retired neighbors with repairs and outdoor
tasks, in return for which I got enough leftover loam to fix my lawn.

One of yesterday's projects was running the Harbor Freight inverter
generator after 3 months idle. I drained and filtered the oil after 9
hours running time and found only a couple of shiny particles on the
paper and nothing in the screen cup.

It helps to have a funnel like this to put the oil back in:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/FloTool-Q...unnel/19888803

A conical spout cap gives enough access to top off the oil from a
quart bottle. Mine came from Fisher Plow oil bottles, after I rewired
a neighbor's plow.

I've started storing oil funnels and pouring spouts in plastic bags to
keep them from collecting dust that will get into the engine.

--jsw