Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Retired!

On Mon, 12 Sep 2016 22:28:43 -0700, Rudy Canoza
wrote:

On 9/12/2016 6:29 PM, Ed Huntress wrote:
On Mon, 12 Sep 2016 17:29:52 -0700, Hot Coals
wrote:

On Mon, 12 Sep 2016 15:39:29 -0400, Ed Huntress
wrote:

Well, I retired on Friday. 'Finally had enough.

Congrats!

Thanks. I'll tell you if it was a good idea in a few months. d8-)

Work is work, and there's a reason we have to be paid to do any (much)
of it for someone else. But your work sounded like something you really
enjoyed, and it always seemed to me you had a lot of control over the
amount and pace of it. You're still under age 70, seem to have taken
good care of yourself and be in relatively good health, so what made you
pull the plug?

I'm rushing out the door here, so this is not well thought out, but
the short story is that it was becoming too frustrating. I have an
editorial vision and the world was going somewhere else.

Or my publisher was. Or publishing is. It will take some time and
distance for me to have an accurate view of it.

--
Ed Huntress