Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Retired!

On 2016-09-12, Rudy Canoza wrote:
On 9/12/2016 12:39 PM, Ed Huntress wrote:
Well, I retired on Friday. 'Finally had enough. So I went fishing this
weekend -- and I see that a lot of people here spent this nice weekend
blowing smoke at each other.

Congratulations on retiring.

Tomorrow I'm leaving for a few days of .... more fishing. Then I'm
going somewhere else. I won't be back for a long while.

[ ... ]

What kind of fishing? My son and I are thinking of getting into fly
fishing. I'd like to look into building my own fly rod. Ever done that?

A friend, who recently retired also, and moved to somewhere in
Michigan (if I remember right) makes fly rods from bamboo, and even took
the time to design and build a CNC machine for cutting the taper of the
sections from split bamboo. Apparently, people pay him quite a bit for
the rods, so they must be pretty good.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--