Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Retired!

wrote in message
On Monday, September 12, 2016 at 3:39:34 PM UTC-4, Ed Huntress wrote:

So, enjoy yourselves. I'll be finding better ways to use my time. I
have a small boat to build before it gets cold. Hasta luego!

--
Ed Huntress

I am in the midst of building a boat myself. It is for my grandson. It is
in three sections so it can be taken apart and put in his fathers hatchback.

Somewhere around here they import fruit juice from South America. They ship
it in big plywood boxes about 43 inches cubed with a plastic blatter inside
the box. So a guy on Craigslist is selling the plywood pieces. 1 cm
plywood 45 inches by 45 inches is $3. It is a bit thicker than I would have
liked, but the price is right. Planing on stitch and glue construction.
Now need to find some low priced epoxy. Already have the fiberglass tape.

Dan

..393 vs .250

Thats going to be a bit on the heavy side, and take some muscle to wrap
around for the hull, but its doable. .25 Luan plywood seems to be the skin
of choice for a lot of small boats. That extra 1/8+ is going to add up.