Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Retired!

On Mon, 12 Sep 2016 17:30:10 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Monday, September 12, 2016 at 5:18:08 PM UTC-4, Rudy Canoza wrote:

What kind of fishing? My son and I are thinking of getting into fly
fishing. I'd like to look into building my own fly rod. Ever done that?

I bought a book on making fishing rods by Dale Clemens and gave it to my grandson last Christmas. But he is not much of a DIY kid. Fortunately the book was from Abe and cost less than $5. I recommend the book. I learned about Dale from a guy that was the production manager for Fenwick at the time.

Dan

I have three of Clemens' books, and four flyrods I built on Clemens
blanks. He's very good, but much more than you need to build your
first rod. You can get plenty of info online.

--
Ed Huntress