Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Retired!

"Rudy Canoza" wrote in message
On 9/12/2016 12:39 PM, Ed Huntress wrote:
Well, I retired on Friday. 'Finally had enough. So I went fishing this
weekend -- and I see that a lot of people here spent this nice weekend
blowing smoke at each other.

Tomorrow I'm leaving for a few days of .... more fishing. Then I'm
going somewhere else. I won't be back for a long while.

So, enjoy yourselves. I'll be finding better ways to use my time. I
have a small boat to build before it gets cold. Hasta luego!

(if anyone wants to reach me, delete the "3" from my phony email
address above)

What kind of fishing? My son and I are thinking of getting into fly
fishing. I'd like to look into building my own fly rod. Ever done that?

The most hard corp fly angler I know has got to be John Lindsey. He has an
IGFA world record or two under his belt as well (line class). He wrote a
nice book on chasing big bass on the fly recently. I've read about half of
it and its pretty entertaining. Might be a good guy to chat with if you are
serious about getting into the whole fly fishing lifestyle. He posts on
Tackle Underground and on my fishing site (www.yumabassman.com) as
bassrecord. If you just want to read a good book he self published it and
sells them here. http://www.bigbassflyfishing.com/

And now back to metal working. I am making brass adaptors from some generic
Chinese thread to NPT threads today. The Chinese thread just seems like a
sloppy M6-1. Weird. They didn't leak though. I'm making them with clamped
o-ring seals wherever my stuff comes together. One of my new machines is
not oiling the Z axis ball nut, so I am plugging the hole where the line
comes out of the Z carriage assembly and routing a line directly from the
oil distribution manifold. So far I have only had to make two adaptors and
a plug.