Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default DC power supply

In article ,
rick writes:
Thinking of using one of these temp sensor/displays:
http://tinyurl.com/jzrmp5n

Would need a 30mA DC supply ... 12-24V

Anyone know of small low cost DC supply modules ? ..........

I have a draw full of psu's ... laptop, router etc, I could use one of
those but as it only needs 30mA something small will be easier to house
in an existing box.

I would suggest getting a small wall-wart supply, and feeding the
12V into your box via a 2.1mm power jack. These are much cheaper
than modular mains power supplies for building into your own kit,
and it means you don't need to bother with the mains side yourself.

An example:
http://cpc.farnell.com/powerpax/sw40...a-2/dp/PW03058

--
Andrew Gabriel