Jason Pope

Default Macrovision hack?

Michelle Steiner wrote:
In article ,
Jason Pope wrote:

I swear, you are a ****ing retard.

From dictionary.com
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=swear

To use abusive, violent, or blasphemous language against; curse.

How ****ing dishonest of you. That is only one of many definitions
listed on that site, and is one of the least appropriate to the context
in which he used it.

1. To make a solemn declaration, invoking a deity or a sacred
person or thing, in confirmation of and witness to the honesty or truth
of such a declaration.
2. To make a solemn promise; vow.
3. To use profane oaths; curse.
4. Law. To give evidence or testimony under oath.

v. tr.
1. To declare or affirm solemnly by invoking a deity or a sacred
person or thing.
2. To promise or pledge with a solemn oath; vow: He swore his
oath of allegiance to the queen. See Synonyms at promise.
3. To utter or bind oneself to (an oath).
4. Law. To administer a legal oath to: All the witnesses have been
sworn.
5. To say or affirm earnestly and with great conviction.

Phrasal Verbs:
swear at
To use abusive, violent, or blasphemous language against; curse.
swear by
1. To have great reliance on or confidence in: He swears by his
personal physician.
2. To have reliable knowledge of; be sure of: I think she left
early, but I couldn't swear by it.
3. To take an oath by: He swore by all the angels and saints of
heaven.
swear in
To administer a legal or official oath to: swear in a mayor.
swear off Informal
To pledge to renounce or give up: She has sworn off cigarettes.
swear out Law
To obtain (a warrant for arrest) by making a charge under oath.

I don't know whether you are a coward, but you certainly are a scoundrel.

Are you Dark Matter's bitch!

I just included the definition of "swear" that he thoughtfully left out!
If you saw his post then you'd have realised that, before having a go at
me half-cocked!

The definition I gave is the only one relevent to Dark Matter.

Have a nice day!

Jason