Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.philosophy.checkmate,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam
pandora pandora is offline

Default A GUY TALKS ABOUT HIS LED BULB THAT'S OUT IN THE BARN

On Sun, 11 Sep 2016 13:16:55 -0700, Checkmate, DoW #1 wrote:

In article ,
says...

On Sun, 11 Sep 2016 12:17:14 -0700, Checkmate, DoW #1 wrote:

In article ,
says...

On Sat, 10 Sep 2016 20:59:32 -0700, "Checkmate, DoW #1"
wrote:
In article ,
says...
On Sat, 10 Sep 2016 12:58:53 -0700, "Checkmate, DoW #1"
wrote:
In article ,
says...
On 9/10/2016 11:31 AM, Taxed and Spent wrote:
On 9/10/2016 10:15 AM,
wrote:
I thought LED bulbs were supposed to last for many years. I
put on in my barn about 2 years ago. It's on all the time
as a safety light. It only uses about 5 watts so I'm not
concerned about energy usage. (25W equivlent).

All of a sudden it has gotten real dim, and it flickers.
I'm wondering what caused that? I know it cant be fixed and
needs to be replaced, but I did not think the LED bulbs
were supposed to fail for many years.

When I shut it off, it stays lit for a few seconds after
the switch is OFF, so I imagine there is a capacitor in it,
but obviously that cap is working..... But it's less than
half as bright as it used to be, and flickers.

try it in a different socket.

Well, fellas...... This sad story sorta is like life for us
old farts. We last [hopefully] fer many years ourselves, ya
know. Then, one day we start gettin' a might tuckered out, if
ya follow me. We start gittin' dim ourselves, and in a way
you could say we, too, start to flicker. Eventually we just
kinda wink out all together, ya know; and it's--like they
say--the Final Curtain. Folks left behind, they might cry a
little at first; but soon enough they forget about us. In a
few more years nobuddy even remembers us. Such is the
temperance of existence.

Amen (and boo hoo)

The living should envy the dead.

What's to envy. You freaking heathen non-believers seem to think
when one dies there is nothing after it.

Bible-thumpers like you, and camel jockeys who believe in their
little slice of heaven are fools. This is it. You won't be going
anywhere after you die. Your body will simply release all its
atoms to become other things.

That means you think nothingness is better than life.

Stick around long enough, and you will too. The so-called Happy
Times will soon be over.

OMG but that's such retarded thinking.

It only make sense that the living envy the dead if one believes
in Jesus Christ and his promise of everlasting life if one
believes in Him. I envy those who died and achieved everlasting
life but I sure feel badly for those who actively reject Jesus
Christ and for that rejection end up with nothing but some time
spent in hell before God destroys that last bastion of non
believers and all who dwell there.

What will you do in your heaven all day, Greg? Will you sit around
on a cloud joyfully plucking a harp? You and your fellow fools
believe in something that you don't even have any concept of. Can
you even begin to describe what your mythical heaven is supposed to
be like? Eternal bliss would be a curse, not a blessing. Thank
your god that once you're dead, you'll never know you were conned
your entire life.

What can I say other than I will pray for your endangered soul and
fervently hope you repent before it's too late.

Thanks, but there's no need for you to waste any time praying for my
soul. Nobody ever hears those prayers anyway.

No need for him to waste his time praying for me either. People who
believe in an after life and/or some godly being are just plain
delusional. I say, live your life now and make the best of it. It's
all we have.

Even if there was an afterlife, I want no part of it.

From what religious nutcases tell me, IT sounds pretty boring.