Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.philosophy.checkmate,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam
Sir Gregory Hall, Esq.[_2_] Sir Gregory Hall, Esq.[_2_] is offline

Default A GUY TALKS ABOUT HIS LED BULB THAT'S OUT IN THE BARN

On Sat, 10 Sep 2016 20:59:32 -0700, "Checkmate, DoW #1" wrote:
In article ,
says...
On Sat, 10 Sep 2016 12:58:53 -0700, "Checkmate, DoW #1" wrote:
In article ,
says...
On 9/10/2016 11:31 AM, Taxed and Spent wrote:
On 9/10/2016 10:15 AM,
wrote:
I thought LED bulbs were supposed to last for many years. I put on in my
barn about 2 years ago. It's on all the time as a safety light. It only
uses about 5 watts so I'm not concerned about energy usage. (25W
equivlent).

All of a sudden it has gotten real dim, and it flickers. I'm wondering
what caused that? I know it cant be fixed and needs to be replaced, but
I did not think the LED bulbs were supposed to fail for many years.

When I shut it off, it stays lit for a few seconds after the switch is
OFF, so I imagine there is a capacitor in it, but obviously that cap is
working..... But it's less than half as bright as it used to be, and
flickers.

try it in a different socket.

Well, fellas...... This sad story sorta is like life for us old farts.
We last [hopefully] fer many years ourselves, ya know. Then, one day we
start gettin' a might tuckered out, if ya follow me. We start gittin'
dim ourselves, and in a way you could say we, too, start to flicker.
Eventually we just kinda wink out all together, ya know; and it's--like
they say--the Final Curtain. Folks left behind, they might cry a little
at first; but soon enough they forget about us. In a few more years
nobuddy even remembers us. Such is the temperance of existence.

Amen (and boo hoo)

The living should envy the dead.

What's to envy. You freaking heathen non-believers
seem to think when one dies there is nothing after
it.

Bible-thumpers like you, and camel jockeys who believe in their little
slice of heaven are fools. This is it. You won't be going anywhere
after you die. Your body will simply release all its atoms to become
other things.

That means you think nothingness is better than
life.

Stick around long enough, and you will too. The so-called Happy Times
will soon be over.

OMG but that's such retarded thinking.

It only make sense that the living envy the dead
if one believes in Jesus Christ and his promise
of everlasting life if one believes in Him. I envy
those who died and achieved everlasting life but
I sure feel badly for those who actively reject
Jesus Christ and for that rejection end up with
nothing but some time spent in hell before God
destroys that last bastion of non believers and
all who dwell there.

What will you do in your heaven all day, Greg? Will you sit around on a
cloud joyfully plucking a harp? You and your fellow fools believe in
something that you don't even have any concept of. Can you even begin
to describe what your mythical heaven is supposed to be like? Eternal
bliss would be a curse, not a blessing. Thank your god that once you're
dead, you'll never know you were conned your entire life.

What can I say other than I will pray for your
endangered soul and fervently hope you repent before
it's too late.

--

Sir Gregory Hall, Esq.

"It is my learned opinion that a man