Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Acceptable Drill Press Runout?

On 11 Sep 2016 01:18:11 GMT, "DoN. Nichols"

On 2016-09-10, wrote:
On Saturday, September 10, 2016 at 5:39:48 AM UTC-4, Gunner Asch wrote:

Chicom chucks tend to not be of the best quality.....just saying....

Kind of depends. I think that drill press manufacturers and bench
grinder manufactures selling to the consumer market buy cheap chucks and
grinding wheels. Because if they price their tool a bit higher to pay
for a good chuck or wheel, most people will buy their competitors tool
because it is cheaper. But if you go looking for just a chuck, you will
find some good ones at reasonable prices.

However, Jet tends to be on the better side of imported machine

Are they? I heard their quality went to **** when they offshored to
China a decade or so ago. Maybe it's back up by now.

--
Every day I remind myself that my inner and outer life are
based on the labors of other men, living and dead, and that