Posted to sci.electronics.repair,aus.electronics
pedro[_3_] pedro[_3_] is offline

Default Lead-free solder is such a PITA (rant/whinge)

On Sat, 10 Sep 2016 10:05:58 -0700, wrote:

Can the valves be relocated to a cooler location?

See reply to JL for what would be involved.

Or can you substitute more robust valves made for hot location use?

The Pentair people (valve manufacturer) said they have no such
solution.

I meant outside of the oven enclosure. Bypass the valves with plumbing
in the enclosure and then put the valves somwhere else in the gas
supply line.
Eric

Yes that is a possibilty, but in our over-regulated environment it'd
require all sorts of recertification, almost like the
aviation/aerospace industries. Having been exposed to THAT industry
it's a path I don't want to tread out of MY wallet.