Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Fertilizing rocky soil where it's half soil half stones (and no dirt)

On Sat, 10 Sep 2016 08:03:52 -0400, "dadiOH" wrote:

"Oren" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 9 Sep 2016 18:29:06 -0000 (UTC), "Danny D."
wrote:

In addition, I'm told, I can add calcium via some of my readily available
pool chemicals, which also helps in the adsorption of moisture in this
otherwise dry soil.

This is getting too complicated. A garden is not so complex that you
can't still teach the kids.

+1

If I wanted to teach the kids I would fill several of the 5 gallon bucket
with his dirt then...

#1. plant seeds, water regularly

#2. plant seeds, sprinkle a little time release fertilizer on top, water
regularly

#3. stir in peat moss, plant seeds, water regularly

#4. same as #3 + time release fertilizer

etc.

If the kids "want" to learn to garden -- give them a shovel. Tell them
the business end and how it operates