Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nightjar Nightjar is offline

Default OT Germany descending into martial law?

On 10-Sep-16 10:28 AM, Fredxxx wrote:

I pointed out that 'descending into' something is not the same as being
there already.

I agree the article mentioned the cooperation of the police and armed
forces and called it martial law.

You have to be pretty thick not to notice that the police do work with
the armed forces from time to time.

If you call any working between police and the armed forces martial law,
then the UK has been subject to martial law for a long time...

That, of course, is exactly the point I was making.

In fact, we have gone a lot further than simply carrying out
inter-service cooperation exercises. The longest continuous deployment
in the history of the British Army, Operation Banner, started in August
1969, with troops being called in to quell riots in Derry and Belfast.
We had troops on UK streets for the best part of the next 40 years.

Colin Bignell