Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Acceptable Drill Press Runout?

On Thu, 08 Sep 2016 12:18:03 +0000, Rob Lawrence
wrote:

replying to John Martin, Rob Lawrence wrote:
This. I get around 0.002 runout at full spindle extension on my jet drill
press at the drill bit shank, but the chuck itself wobbles visibly. While this
may not bode well for vibration, it wouldn't serve anything to measure runout
here by the key holes.
I get 0.002 at the spindle, and less than 0.001 at the arbor, which means, in
short that it's fine, or needs a new chuck that isn't made by Jet

Chicom chucks tend to not be of the best quality.....just saying....

---