Posted to alt.home.repair
Danny D.[_16_] Danny D.[_16_] is offline

Default Fertilizing rocky soil where it's half soil half stones (and no dirt)

On Fri, 09 Sep 2016 13:30:54 -0700, Oren wrote:

This is getting too complicated. A garden is not so complex that you
can't still teach the kids. How big is the garden area? Do you have
a rotor-tiller? Can you buy a partial load of compost from a local
garden center for delivery?

The garden area is tiny. Maybe forty feet by fifteen feet is fenced off
from the critters. But right now, we're just using five-gallon buckets of
Costco detergent pails.

What gives you the notion to use flour and/or pool chemicals?

The flour was for adding "organics" but it fails upon closer inspection.
Again, I have 50 pound bags of flour that the wife uses for baking.
I guess I could use sugar. She has 25 pound bags of that stuff too.

Just some simple things here, already stated, can grow large amounts
of food and the kids learn. Your lovely wife may be right... your dirt
kills her plants :-))

She's mad at me because she planted her "babies" in that planter and
nothing came of it. She cares very much about all her babies!