Posted to sci.electronics.repair,aus.electronics
pedro[_3_] pedro[_3_] is offline

Default Lead-free solder is such a PITA (rant/whinge)

On Fri, 9 Sep 2016 15:37:02 -0400, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

Jeff I think you are mixing up the AC and DC power formulas.

I am sure the impedance of the coil at 60 Hz is more than the DC
resistance.

The DC resistance averages around 1600 ohms. According to my calcs
there are around 4700 turns in the coil, so at 50Hz the impedance
incorporates a significant reactance. The coil (obviously) has a
ferrous valve plunger in its core.

They are marked 240VAC 50Hz (= our supply here in Oz) and the one I
attacked with the Dremel is marked 5W.