Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Default Securing a metal farm gate....

On 08-Sep-16 6:54 PM, jim wrote:
"Andrew Mawson" Wrote in
message:
"jim" wrote in message
o.uk...

bit "off piste" but fishing for ideas really :-)

I want to try & secure a metal farm type gate to stop twerps
opening it and turning their chav mobiles around in the yard
beyond.
Complicated by the need for the postman to access and turn around
usually max once a day....

Any lateral thinking or thought trains I can catch a lift on?

Our farm gate has an electrical opener, but only operated when you've driven
about 30 foot off the road. Postie drives in and turns every day, but the
fact that the gate is shut and has cameras pointing at it (so far) has
deterred the unwashed entering.

Andrew

Mmm maybe time for a prominent dummy camera then....

Get a prominent sign saying:

Caution: Bull loose in yard