Posted to uk.d-i-y
KYW KYW is offline

Default Securing a metal farm gate....

"S Viemeister" wrote in message
On 9/8/2016 5:31 PM, KYW wrote:

Some arrangement where the gate looks like its chained but
in fact isnt and which doesnt require the postman to do anything
at all except realise that it isnt chained should work well.

We have an old lock hanging on the gate - it _looks_ like the gate is
locked, but it isn't.

Yeah, I have the same thing myself. Looks like the gate is locked
but you have to look closely to see that it isnt actually locked at all.

In fact it looks _so_ locked, that I've had cousins climb over the fence
to get up to the house...

Yeah, had the same thing with my next door neighbour, he as about to
climb over the fence to get home until I told him that it just looks locked.

The postie has no trouble with it.

Yeah, once you know its not something most forget.