Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] news@loampitsfarm.co.uk is offline

Default Burlington WC Cistern

On Thu, 08 Sep 2016 15:46:06 +0100, wrote:

On Fri, 2 Sep 2016 03:22:45 -0700 (PDT), fred
wrote:

Finally threw out the didn't-flush-properly toilet and replaced it with a Burlington Close Coupled WC. This has the most complicated internals of any WC I've ever seen, not that I've seen many, and has two different volumes and two different flush controls. Resetting these will require a strong drink and a long study of the instructions.

Anyway the question is should the cistern empty completeley after a full flush ?

Also has anyone any experience of these ?

I have one and having just checked....after the full flush about 2" of
water remains in the bottom of the cistern. In spite of this, it is a
very good flusher IMHO.
From memory (and the instruction booklet which I 'd suggest you need
to keep!) the only set up needed is to get the fill level correct. If
you set it for the right size cistern in line with the instructions I
cannot think one would ever need to adjust it.

Are these things universal for use with any close coupled non siphonic
pan?

Reason I ask is I need to replace a cracked cistern and work and was
looking at this:

http://www.wickes.co.uk/Wickes-Posit...stern/p/100103

as it is not expensive but couldn't decide if it would fit a 1960s
close coupled pan?