Posted to alt.home.repair
songbird songbird is offline

Default Fertilizing rocky soil where it's half soil half stones (and nodirt)

Danny D. wrote:
dadiOH wrote:

I have some wild tomatoe plants from where I threw some of teh household
waste as compost. Tall plants. Little yellow flowers but no tomatoes. I
joke the bees didn't do their job. The plant already is about 4 feet tall,
but no tomatoes. Sigh.

Tomatos need cool nights to set fruit.

Interesting. Very interesting.
We never get cool nights in the summer.
You can go out naked and wouldn't even shiver.

Here is a picture I just snapped of the tomato plant, with little yellow
flowers, but NO TOMATOES!
http://i.cubeupload.com/Si8QN3.jpg

That was planted from an old half-eaten Costco tomato.
But save for the pretty flowers, there are no tomatoes!

could be pollination or temperature or a
mutation/hybrid which isn't very self-fertile.

some days when it's really hot i'll water the
whole plant to make sure the flowers get dinged
(pollinate themselves).

songbird