Posted to alt.home.repair
Danny D.[_16_] Danny D.[_16_] is offline

Default Fertilizing rocky soil where it's half soil half stones (and no dirt)

On Wed, 7 Sep 2016 12:56:19 -0400, dadiOH wrote:

I sneak food scraps into the wife's potting soil when she's not looking,
and these pepper plants grew, but no peppers came out of them yet (and it
has been a few months).

Food scraps = NOT meat, I hope = are of no value to plants until they (the
food scraps) decompose and that takes quite a while

My mistake for not being clear.
What I mean is that the tomato plant you see here was grown from a Costco
tomato food scrap. I acted like a cuckoo bird by burying the tomato in the
wife's basil pot with the full knowledge that I was making her feed my
experiment.

http://i.cubeupload.com/Si8QN3.jpg

In very short order, she started remarking "Did you put something in my
basil pot?" to which I avoided her gaze until I could no longer. She is
still taking care of the tomato plant, even as it crowded out her basil.

But the darn thing has no tomatoes.

We don't know why.
Are Costco tomatoes infertile?
Or are the bees not doing their job?