Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH[_7_] dadiOH[_7_] is offline

Default Fertilizing rocky soil where it's half soil half stones (and no dirt)

"Danny D." wrote in message
On Wed, 7 Sep 2016 07:26:08 -0400, dadiOH wrote:

I have some wild tomatoe plants from where I threw some of teh household
waste as compost. Tall plants. Little yellow flowers but no tomatoes. I
joke the bees didn't do their job. The plant already is about 4 feet
tall,
but no tomatoes. Sigh.

Tomatos need cool nights to set fruit.

Interesting. Very interesting.
We never get cool nights in the summer.
You can go out naked and wouldn't even shiver.

Here is a picture I just snapped of the tomato plant, with little yellow
flowers, but NO TOMATOES!
http://i.cubeupload.com/Si8QN3.jpg

That was planted from an old half-eaten Costco tomato.
But save for the pretty flowers, there are no tomatoes!

In Florida, we set out the tomato plants as soon as possible after there is
no danger of frost; wait too long and no tomatos. Second crop can be set
out in the fall.