Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH[_7_] dadiOH[_7_] is offline

Default Fertilizing rocky soil where it's half soil half stones (and no dirt)

"Danny D." wrote in message
On Wed, 7 Sep 2016 07:01:52 -0400, dadiOH wrote:

I don't know where you live in California but consider the hugely
productive
agricultural area of the central valley...without water, it is a desert.

Yeah but. We're on a mountain. The agriculture is in the valley.
The valley is *thousands* upon thousands of feet of sediments from the
mountains which became the "Great Valley Sequence"...
http://www.tulane.edu/~sanelson/images/califxsect.gif

Like everything, it's complex though:
http://www.colorado.edu/geolsci/Reso...t_Page_091.jpg

Suffice to say all the "good stuff" is in the flat valleys.

If it came from your mountaains it is the same stuff albeit lacking your
rocks and finer.

BTW, did you notice all the stuff busily growing on your chert in the pix
you linked? Just add water...