Posted to alt.home.repair
Scott Lurndal Scott Lurndal is offline

Default Fertilizing rocky soil where it's half soil half stones (and no dirt)

"Danny D." writes:
On Wed, 07 Sep 2016 15:53:05 GMT, Scott Lurndal wrote:

Interesting. Very interesting.
We never get cool nights in the summer.
You can go out naked and wouldn't even shiver.

Define cool. In San Jose, the average summer nighttime
temperature is in the upper 50's. Higher elevations (above
the marine layer) will be warmer at night. Locations further
from the bay get cooler at night (e.g. almaden will be in the
lower 50's) and warmer during the day.

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/climate/year...alen dar+Year

I can see San Jose from my kitchen window so I'm within 25 miles of the
center of San Jose. I'm just up on the hills.

It depends on _which_ hills you're up on, and on the current
marine layer height. If you're up off quimby or mt hamilton
road, it's likely warmer in the summer than downtown. On
the coast range side, it varies, but consider that Los Gatos
is frequently 5 to 10 degrees warmer than downtown SJC.