Posted to alt.home.repair
notbob notbob is offline

Default Fertilizing rocky soil where it's half soil half stones (and nodirt)

On 2016-09-07, Danny D. wrote:

On Wed, 07 Sep 2016 15:53:05 GMT, Scott Lurndal wrote:

from the bay get cooler at night

I'm not sure why it's cooler in the summer.

It cuz yer close to a large body of water! Duh.

I lived in the Try-Valley (Ptown/Livermore) and commuted to to Santa Clara for over 15
yrs. It was always 10 degrees hotter, "over the hill" (Fremont Grade), than in the
SFBA proper.

The "marine layer" comes in, at night, and cools everything.
UNLESS! ....there's a "high pressure" center over the SFBA. Then, the
prevailing winds all move from onshore to offshore, giving us those
dreaded "hot spells".

I usta have a link to a SFBA wind map, but it appears that has been
shut down. OTOH, I no longer suffer from these problems cuz I moved
to the CO Rockies.

nb