Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Allahu Snackbar Allahu Snackbar is offline

Default B&S Engine starts but won't run

On 9/7/2016 9:27 AM, Home wrote:
On Wed, 7 Sep 2016 09:14:01 -0700, Allahu Snackbar
wrote:

On 9/7/2016 8:26 AM, Home wrote:
On Wed, 7 Sep 2016 08:15:22 -0700, Allahu Snackbar
wrote:

On 9/3/2016 12:33 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sat, 03 Sep 2016 06:35:26 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Sat, 3 Sep 2016 03:02:59 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Wed, 31 Aug 2016 05:31:37 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

The least one should have on hand is 90 days. Now..if you can find
MREs...that makes it a hell of a lot easier than constant
rotation..which is something you have to do. Oldest stuff always is
moved to the front and consumed.

Buy ONLY what you will eat. Buy what you normally eat. Keep some
really long storage stuff at hand though..things like instant oatmeal,
honey, noodles, rice, beans etc..the dried stuff that will last 5+
yrs.

Snag a big handful of mustard, ketchup, salt and pepper packs from the
fast food joints every time you go in there...put em in jars and seal
em..with a date. They are good for about a year-18 months at most..so
consume em as you eat.

We have been doing this sort of thing for 30 yrs..works for us..and we
can get by with little money ..which is a good thing with this
economy.

I have a bunch of #10 cans of Stuff that we put up in 1999. Most of
it is still good. Various types of flour, beans, rice etc etc..all of
it packed in cans and filled with Argon before sealing.

We also do a fair amount of canning a couple times a year. We do live
in one of the agricultural capitals of the US...Central California. We
drive out to the packing sheds and buy in bulk. 200lbs of potatos for
$5, right out of the field. Carrots by the truckload, onions etc etc.
We dehydrate a lot of that stuff. It takes very little effort to
do..and once we fill the dehydrators...it does all the hard work for
us..we simply empty them into Mason jars, give em a flush with argon
and put the lids on. Or make up chillie sauces, refried beans,
carrots, pickles, peppers, etc etc and then can them..but it is a bit
of work to do 25 quarts at a time. But it will keep for 2-3 yrs if
done properly

You don't do a bit of that.

I believed the part about helping himself to handfuls of fast food
condiments. Probably feeds em to his dogs.

My dog would eat the catsup but not the mustard.

Reminds me... We used to have a pair of dogs that went nuts for
cantaloupe. While they were waiting for their treat it was like they
were on some sort of drug. Miss them. But the other day we were having
cantaloupe and remarked how nice it was to be able to hear ourselves
think.

I had a dog when I was a kid who would eat nearly anything. He drew the
line at lettuce and scraped artichoke leaves, but if I spoke sternly to
him and told him to eat them, he would. I never did it too much.

I couldn't stand Brussels sprouts when I was a kid, and the dog helped
me out a lot. The dog often sat right by my side, and when my mom
wasn't looking, I'd roll a sprout around in whatever sauce or gravy was
on the plate, slip it off the plate into my hand, and feed it to the dog.