Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default Anyone experience of 2 part epoxy putty

On Tuesday, 6 September 2016 23:54:35 UTC+1, www.GymRatZ.co.uk wrote:
On 06/09/2016 13:23, wrote:
Hi all,

I have recently bought a whirlpool bath on eBay and one of the plastic pipe fittings (part of the air jets) was broken. I am having difficulty sourcing a new one and one of the spares suppliers recommended repairing it with a 2 part putty. Looking online everbuild does an epoxy putty aqua which speaking to their technical department say it should do the trick - although I can't source it locally.

Anyone have any experience with this or similar products?

Yes.
I had a pin-hole in a 22mm CH pipe above the suspended ceiling in the
shop. No idea how or why it happened but I didn't want to drain down
the whole system so I mixed up some 2 part epoxy putty stuff, stuck it
over the pin-hole and bound it over/around with self amalgamating tape
(brilliant stuff in it's own right).

That was at least 10, may be even 15 years ago and it's never leaked since.

There was a manufacturing problem with copper pipe back then
ISTR it was to do with the lubricant used when drawing the pipe through dies during manufacture.