Posted to alt.home.repair
Danny D.[_16_] Danny D.[_16_] is offline

Default Fertilizing rocky soil where it's half soil half stones (and no dirt)

On Tue, 6 Sep 2016 23:12:33 -0400, songbird wrote:

google basic soil analysis. there are many versions
of it, but one is simple enough that anyone with a
clear jar and some water can manage. it will tell you
the mix of various things in terms of composition
which is where you want to start an analysis.

yeah. The more I look, the more complex it is, but, it's good to learn this
stuff because we only have one soil geology per yard!

it looks mostly mineral, sandy, gritty and not any
clay or loam and almost no organic matter at all or
other forms of carbon.

I have to agree. Almost no organic matter whatsoever.
I might mix in the wood chip residue near the edges of this wood pile to
add some "sawdust" so to speak.
http://i.cubeupload.com/8bCVNf.jpg