Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default China equipment

In article ,
says...

On Tue, 6 Sep 2016 14:16:24 -0400, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

As just a hobby user I can not justify an expensive scope,but did put a
DSO 5202P on order today from Circuit Specilies.

Argh, too late. You could have bought the cheaper Hantek model, which
can be hacked to provide 200MHz bandwidth and additional features:
http://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/hantek-tekway-dso-hack-get-200mhz-bw-for-free/msg264085/#msg264085
http://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/hantek-tekway-dso-hack-get-200mhz-bw-for-free/

I have either seen that or something similar. Sometimes the components
may not be up to the faster speed in the slower scopes. I did see one
place where one of the scopes needed a capacitor changed or removed.

Can't prove it, but just thinking that they may do the chips like the
old compuer chips. They would test them for speed and mark them for the
maximum speed they could run without making errors.

I did buy a function generator a while back that went to 25 MHz with the
sine waves. The faster square waves did not look too good but there was
a modification to change about 10 parts to bring the waveform more up
to speed.