Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] leenowell@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Anyone experience of 2 part epoxy putty

On Tuesday, 6 September 2016 18:26:22 UTC+1, Nick Odell wrote:
On Tue, 6 Sep 2016 16:33:55 +0100, "Dan S. MacAbre"

Hi all,

I have recently bought a whirlpool bath on eBay and one of the plastic pipe fittings (part of the air jets) was broken. I am having difficulty sourcing a new one and one of the spares suppliers recommended repairing it with a 2 part putty. Looking online everbuild does an epoxy putty aqua which speaking to their technical department say it should do the trick - although I can't source it locally.

Anyone have any experience with this or similar products?

Thanks

Lee.

If you have a local modelling shop, you might be able to get something
like milliput.

Good stuff Milliput. It's one of those things you keep finding new
uses for.

Nick

Thanks all for your suggestions. I will call their technical departments in the morning to see what they say.

Despite Everbuild sales saying there was nobody locally who could supply it I discovered that you can buy it from Toolstation

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Plum...+Repair/p59360

I bought it and had a quick go at fixing it. I mixed the 2 elements together and then tried to put it on the edge of the broken fitting without sealing the hole! It was almost like it wouldn't stick to it and hold on properly. I eventually got the surface covered and pushed on the other piece and held for about 5 mins. When I let go, the 2 pieces had not stuck together at all so ended up removing all the putty and cleaning the surface again.

Did I do something wrong or does this indicate that the product will not stick it?

thanks

Lee.