Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default Anyone experience of 2 part epoxy putty

On 9/6/2016 1:23 PM, wrote:
Hi all,

I have recently bought a whirlpool bath on eBay and one of the plastic pipe fittings (part of the air jets) was broken. I am having difficulty sourcing a new one and one of the spares suppliers recommended repairing it with a 2 part putty. Looking online everbuild does an epoxy putty aqua which speaking to their technical department say it should do the trick - although I can't source it locally.

Anyone have any experience with this or similar products?

Thanks

Lee.

Epoxy putties are very effective (strong and sticky), make sure you mix
thoroughly.

Milliput is perhaps easiest to shape into a "replacement part".

Car body filler is cheap for large items and adheres well to some
plastics but not others. It's also easy to shape after it has set, but
it's not as strong as the others, if it is a load-bearing part.

I don't think there is a single right answer, it depends on the geometry
and materials. Epoxy putty is probably the strongest and stickiest.