Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jonathan Jonathan is offline

Default Renting out a house

On Monday, September 5, 2016 at 11:16:05 PM UTC+1, Chris Green wrote:
Bill wrote:
rentable?
What do these inclusive estate agent deals involve? If a tenant is
installed and a light bulb needs replacing, is the agent likely to call
in a contractor at great expense?

Yes, I'm afraid so in general. We have a rented flat (i.e. we're the
landlords) and it's mostly handled by an agent. Things like the
annual gas inspection cost a *lot* more if I let the agent do it all
rather than doing it myself directly with a 'gas man'. I think it was
something like £150 via the agent versus £80 if I arranged it myself
(with the same bloke that the agency used).

--
Chris Green
·

I pay £50 for mine