Posted to uk.d-i-y
Davey Davey is offline

Default Renting out a house

On Mon, 5 Sep 2016 23:53:38 +0100
Bill wrote:

I had a look at the house again today, and think he really will have
to get some electrics sorted out (eg the fridge is on an extension
reel in a lean-to), and perhaps the soakaway that takes all the water
from the house gutters.

Both will need to be sorted, yes. A proper certificate of electrical
safety would be a good idea, if it isn't needed already.And don't forget
to tell the insurance company that it will be let.

I suggest joining one of the Associations, such as The National
Landlords Association, they can give you a potted version of legal
requirements:
http://www.landlords.org.uk/

Worth a look even if you don't join.

--