Posted to alt.home.repair
Diesel Diesel is offline

Default Garage door key switch

FromTheRafters
Mon, 05 Sep 2016 20:00:15 GMT in
alt.home.repair, wrote:

Diesel explained on 9/5/2016 :
Uncle Monster
Mon,
05 Sep 2016 11:54:25 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

I wonder if the sap knows what the picture is of? My friend's
garage door opener quit working so I replaced the part in the
picture. ^_^

http://imgbox.com/OpYCUtSR

It looks like an invisible beam style sensor?

Yep, one side emits a beam and the other detects it. Usually
infrared.

Hmm...This particular design looks like it's responsible for letting
the garage door opener know that the door is down. IE: stop position
sensor...

As, it's too small to be the safety reverse; I don't see how you'd
break it if you happened to get in the doors way.

Monster,

What was it's function in the garage door opener?

--
MID:
zip file but then not be able to unzip it so I can watch it. That