Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Steel disk of 50mm

On 05/09/2016 16:22, Mike Perkins wrote:
I'm trying to source a steel disk of 50mm or slightly greater where I
can weld a nut in the centre and retains an element of rigidity.

I'm currently using:

http://www.screwfix.com/p/deta-galva...ck-of-10/1946j

really its too large a diameter though not a serious issue but is too
thin where it distorts badly whilst welding a nut in the centre.

Are there any off-the-shelf sources I can obtain a couple of these that
are 2-3mm thick? I've run out of ideas!

Could you use a Rivnut rather than welding a nut to the plate?

http://www.bollhoff.co.uk/en/uk/fast...ogy/rivnut.php

--
Cheers,
Roger