Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Spa bath help please

On 04/09/2016 20:59, wrote:
Hi all,

I have bought a spa bath (Duravit Starck) from eBay and was wondering
if anyone here could me with a few (perhaps basic questions please)?

Can't help much on the bath controls since I am not familiar with that
bath. Can you not get and installation manual from the web somewhere?

The maker seems to have a download section for installers:

http://pro.duravit.co.uk/pro/content...g&filter=false

4. The 2 motors are wired into a waterproof junction box (although
poorly - the outer sheathing has been stripped too far so you can see
the individual wires coming out of the box). Looking on the web
the wiring, it seems like there is much debate about whether the
mains feed to the junction box needs to come from an RCCD outside of
the bathroom or whether this can be in the bathroom itself - and in
what zone. It seems fine to spur it off the normal ring main as far
as I can tell. Is anyone able to confirm which is required?

Electrical accessories in the bathroom need to be appropriate for the
zone they are in and any special circumstance as well. Generally the
space under a bath is considered "outside" of the zones so long as you
need a tool to gain access to it (e.g. a needing to remove a screwed on
panel etc).

More details he

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/Bathroom_electrics

5. I have done a fair amount of house wiring in the past (before the
new rules!) and was wondering whether I am permitted to do this
myself or whether I will need a qualified electrician to do it? If
the latter, how much are they likely to charge? The bathroom and
landing has all the floor up so running wires should be easy - I
could run it ready for them if that would be easier.

Yes you can DIY. Work in bathrooms other than like for like replacements
is still in the scope of part P. Full details he

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/Part_P

Needless to say, most people in your circumstances would just get on and
do the work.

(anecdotal evidence would suggest that the number of standalone
applications made to building control for electrical work is approaching
nil in many areas!)

--
Cheers,

John.