Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Gradual failure of gas grill regulator

William Bagwell wrote:
On Sat, 3 Sep 2016 03:12:07 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

I'm afraid to ask, but why do you spend a week in the fridge?

Ehh, it's a Westinghouse!

No one else remembers?

Yes, and I also remember one of their large, air cooled power
transformers catching on fire at my high school. We went most of the
school year while waiting for them to build a replacement. We had to run
temporary lines to the older part of the building, and that left us with
just lights. Anything else would trip the 400A, three phase thermal
breakers.

That transformer was only a couple years old, and under warranty.
Westinghouse finally admitted they had screwed up the transformer, when
they built it. Luckily, the school used steam for heat and passive
radiators.